Now in King's Gold, it's your turn to be a pirate, & you must try to pillage ships & other pirates along the way. How far will you go to deceive the greedy King & become the richest pirate on the coast & at sea? Ages 8+
On a turn, the active player rolls the 5 dice up to 3 times. If a die shows crossbones, it's locked until the end of the turn; otherwise, a player can roll or leave dice as they want. After they stop, they take or lose gold as follows:
- 1 coin face + 1 cannon: Take this many coins from the box, then place this many coins in the King's pile.
- 1 coin face + 1 skull: Steal this many coins from the player of your choice.
- Coins on all 5 dice: Take all of the coins from the King's pile.
- Skulls on all 5 dice: Take all of the coins from another player.
- Cannon on all 5 dice: Take all of the coins from the box, ending the game.
- 3+ crossbones or any non-scoring combination: Place 3 coins from your stash in the King's pile.
When all 60 coins in the box have been removed, the game ends & whoever has the most coins wins.