This set is a combination of the basic 5 sets of the "Discovering STEM" series & covers all Simple Machines mechanisms. These mechanisms offer a mechanical advantage & are crucial elements of many machines & devices. They are designed to multiply or reduce force, increase or decrease speed & convert one type of motion to another. Build 60 working models that cover the subjects of levers, the wedge, the wheel & axle, the screw, the inclined plane, the pulley, as well as the more advanced gears & linkages! You can find easy-to-follow building instructions for all models either online or in the included booklets. The comprehensive booklets provided detail explanations of the different scientific principles applied & incorporate innovated experimental activities for hands-on learning. For ages 8-16.
- Engino brings complex concepts into clear focus for budding engineers and scientists with award winning components and step by step illustrated assembly instructions
- Simple Machines combines 5 STEM Mechanic sets into one fantastic set. Discover the functions and uses for Levers, Inclined Planes, Pulley Drives, Cams, & Worm Drives
- Build 60 working models such as a Scissor Lift, Catapult, Helicopter, Vise, Wind Mill & many, many more!
- Manual includes 70 pages of theory & facts, a 16 page quiz, 25 pages of experimental activities illustrating uses for Simple Machines, 71 pages of step by step instructions, & 3D rendered illustrations
- Models illustrated online at Engino's website or using the Engino 3D app downloadable free for Android or Apple iOS.